We will do our best to make sure your pet is receiving the best care possible while under our watch and that you feel included and informed each step of the way. Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but there will be times the occasional unexpected delay due to an emergency or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time. Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it.
Here’s what to expect during your visit:
- Once checked in, one of our team members will weigh your pet and get it ready to be placed into an exam room.
- A veterinary technician or assistant will then gather basic information about your pet’s health and take vitals/obtain required diagnostic samples in our treatment room.
- A veterinarian will then come into your room to examine your pet, discuss your questions and concerns, and develop any further diagnostic and treatment plans if needed.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests (i.e. blood work) and treatments are usually performed in one of our treatment rooms.
- When the veterinary consultation is complete, a technician or assistant will help you with discharge instructions pertaining to medications, estimates for future procedures, or scheduling rechecks.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow up call from one of our technicians or assistants to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you haveany concerns, please let our technicians/assistants know.
We hope you enjoy your visit and the service we provide, and we would be delighted to see you again.